Tuesday, September 24, 2013

19030303 21:08:06

19030303 21:08:06

LA-N-0800

"What's the matter with you? What's gotten up your ass today?"
"Oh, it's about Grace, actually." Carbondale leaned his head backwards with the mug tipped directly over his head so that he could get the last drop to fall into his mouth. He released a dramatic sigh of satisfied air after consuming the spirits. "I found out today that she's been lying to me, been lying to me for months. Months! Everything's all changed for her now after Racine. She may get herself lost and away sooner than I had ever dreamed."
"You gotta realize, man, that's a teenage thing. That's not because of something you did specifically to her. That's all teenagers. That's what they do. Try not to let it hurt so much. What'd she even lie about?" Venedy said this with first hand knowledge of his own daughter pilfering quantities of alcohol and cigarettes from their house on the weekends.
"But see, that's the thing, this is kind of an affront to me, to our family. Because what she was coverin up was going to see a fencing trainer so that she could learn how to use a sword. That's honestly insulting to me, and to our family. When's she ever gonna have a chance to use a sword if she needed to use one? If she's in a place where she would justify it, I doubt she'd have the will to honestly injure a man with the weapon. The girl gets affected when she so much as happens to see my wife preparing a chicken or turkey for dinner. And now she thinks she'll ever use a sword against another man! No, see, the only reason she's doing this is to show to me that she thinks that I can't protect her. That I failed her. That's what's ultimately behind it, if she were to ever speak the truth about it."
"I suppose so. What do you intend to do then, bar her from continuing her lessons? Or some kind of punish-"
"No, no, I won't do that so much because even I know that fencing lessons aren't a bad thing to have by themself. That's not the problem so much, as useless as I think it'd be for her. The problem is she hid it from me, and I think my suspicion as to why she hid it is correct. That's the problem. No, all I intend to do is confront her about it, and let her know that I'm aware. But what I'll make clear is that if she thinks that I am incapable of supporting and protecting her, then she can get the fuck out of my house and fend for herself."

No comments:

Post a Comment