Tuesday, September 18, 2012

18380221 18:03:30

"The very idea seems preposterous and repugnant." Frederic now sat upright on the edge of his seat and glared at Daron. "I fail to see how you would be able to get this to happen without having all of your people being overrun by sin in short time. Who would you propose to even oversee this kind of operation? You? Is this something you would do?"
"Me? Nah, I know I ain't got it in me. When I had to take care of Whitney that day, I lost it. Just thinking about it now makes me weak in the heart. No, I'll need to find a way to get a man appointed to it, make it his job."
"And... in this kind of unbelievable situation, how would that man know what's approved for him to do or not?"
"Well, who's the guy who tells him what's legal or not right now? A judge. A court judge. Yeah, so, what if we were to do it where the judge sets down a list... sets down things the guy can do which are not going to be punished by the court."
"So now you are looking to enshrine a corrupt judge in addition to an official criminal. Surely you see the folly in all of this, Daron."
"I'm just trying... trying to figure out how to get a handle, get control of this all. Just got to think of something new, some way to change things to get a different outcome. We have the good of us, we have the Church, we have each other relying upon each other, but that isn't enough. The bad ain't being shamed or stopped out of being bad. What we doing now isn't working. So we gotta try something else. S'all there is. So, now, we gotta put this in writing. Make an official judge and figure out how to go from there."

No comments:

Post a Comment